Underage Drinking - Sherlag Attorney at Law Portland, OR
page-template-default,page,page-id-598,page-child,parent-pageid-523,ajax_fade,page_not_loaded,,qode_grid_1300,footer_responsive_adv,qode-content-sidebar-responsive,qode-theme-ver-10.1.1,wpb-js-composer js-comp-ver-5.0.1,vc_responsive

Underage Drinking

Underage Drinking Charges

Parents or guardians, was your child arrested for possession of alcohol and now faces charges of underage drinking in Portland or one of a nearby community in Multnomah County, Washington County, Clackamas County, Columbia County or Yamhill County, Oregon? Keeping a criminal conviction off his or her juvenile record now is critical to a brighter future.

The Cost Of Underage Drinking Is High. I Will Protect Your Child’s Future.

Judges often hand down serious sentences for juvenile offenders. Call me, attorney Steven Sherlag, right away. I have more than 20 years of experience working with parents of young people facing charges in the Oregon juvenile court system or when a minor is charged as an adult. I know the process and how to work with prosecutors to find ‘diversion program’ alternatives to a conviction, if possible.

Although every case is unique, every case involving a minor has one important factor in common: A promising future is on the line. I will meet with you and your child to get to know the human side of the story, beyond the evidence at the scene. Together, we will work our way through these charges.

Call if your child’s juvenile or adult charges include any of the following:

  • Underage DUI
  • Minor in possession of alcohol
  • Misrepresentation of age
  • Reckless endangerment for DUI with another minor in the car
  • Drug charges

Diversion Programs For Juvenile Offenders In Clackamas County

Some counties in western Oregon, including Clackamas County, offer youthful offenders an option for avoiding a conviction on their records. When circumstances make it possible for first-time offenders, I work with the prosecutor to have your minor placed in an education and probation program as part of the sentence. Upon successful completion of the program, the charges may be dismissed and cleared off the criminal record. These programs are court-ordered and strictly monitored. Failure to complete the program can result in a serious consequence.

Call The Right Lawyer, Right Now

Call my office to discuss your case and set up a consultation. You can also send an email with a brief description of your legal problem. I will return your call as soon as possible.

Hablamos español. Мы Говорим по-Русски. Interpreters are also available as needed.