Legal Representation While Under Investigation
You can only protect your liberties in this world by protecting the other man’s freedom. You can only be free if I am free.
Clarence Darrow, Address to the court in People v. Lloyd (1920)
Timing Is Crucial
In some situations, it is absolutely essential to have strong legal representation before you have been charged with a crime. If you or a loved one is under investigation regarding a state or federal criminal matter in Oregon, talk to me, defense attorney Steven J. Sherlag. I may be able to help you improve the outcome of your case through early intervention and decisive action.
Many people underestimate the danger they are in while being investigated, sometimes because they are in denial about the seriousness of the matter and sometimes because they do not understand the severity of the possible consequences. If you are convicted of a felony in federal or state court, you may be facing a mandatory minimum jail or prison sentence, large fines, required sex offender registration or other unwanted outcomes.
Don’t Be Naive | Get The Advice You Need
At the law office of Steven J. Sherlag, P.C., based in Portland, I concentrate my energy on fighting for the legal rights of my clients. Equipped with extensive experience with criminal investigations and criminal trials, I can help you or a family member deal proactively with your situation — before it becomes unmanageable. As your lawyer, I will:
- Advise you regarding how to deal with police, federal agents, child protective services employees and others who may want to engage you in pre-arrest questioning
- Explain exactly how investigations and charges work — including lengthy federal investigations
- Carefully gather the facts of your case in order to prepare a thorough, strategic defense
- Explore options for having criminal charges dropped or reduced, when appropriate
- Represent you powerfully and fearlessly in any white collar case, sex crime matter, violent crime case or drug case
Timing is crucial if you are under investigation. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. Don’t wait until you have been charged to get help from an experienced lawyer.
Contact Me For A Free, Private Consultation About Your Case
I am here to answer your questions about Miranda rights, federal grand juries, pre-charging and other important issues. I offer a free, private consultation. Contact me.